Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trash Me







...everything is disposable... but, not people. 

For those of you who know me or actually read my blog, you know that I am a far more sensitive person than people will ever see or realize.

There's a giant gap of miscommunication here and no matter what I say (or don't say) it will never be cleared up. People make their opinions and they stand by them. So, while it's hard for me to realize that I am now a "public figure" and people are going to talk, gossip and make up shit about me... it's hard for others to realize that just because I am a "public figure" now that doesn't mean that I stopped being a human.

I do not regret. I wished and it came true. Be careful what you wish for.

For those who do support me and my photography; my art; my career - to you I will hold a place deep inside my heart for the rest of my life. You are far more appreciated than you will ever realize and I truly do love you. Thank you.

I have surrounded myself with good people that I can rely on for words or wisdom and support. These people mean everything to me and they keep me happy, focused and alive (in every sense of the word).

I didn't write this, but it's something that has touched me for a very long time. It was written by model Gia and I've always been drawn to it for no specific reason, now I see just how true it rings for my life.

Life and death, energy and peace...
If I stopped today, it was still worth it. 
Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could...
The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul... it was worth it. 
For having been allowed to walk where I've walked... 
Which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above... 

Picture of the day:

3 comments:

Lisa Dransfield said...

I didnt write this either but I wanted to share it with you:-

For my lovely friend!
She can deal with stress and carry heavy burdens.

She smiles when she feels like screaming and she sings when she feels like crying.

She cries when shes happy and laughs when shes afraid. Her love is unconditional.

Theres only one thing wrong with her, she forgets what shes worth!

L-O-V-E-Y-O-U

Anonymous said...

I can only guess as to what the inspiration for this post is..but I'm pretty sure my assumption is correct. I would not put a whole lot of stock into negative comments left by a person hiding behind a screen name over the internet. I have to believe that people like that are absolutely green with envy, or they simply have an adolescent mind due to age or lack of social intelligence. Either way, it is pointless to try and reason with them. Instead feel sorry for them (for just a minute or so) because 1) they don't have the balls to take a chance and do what makes them happy (because it might be difficult) so they have to find a way to put down someone else that IS brave enough... or 2) they still have many lessons to learn in life. I would simply have a good laugh at their expense.

Clearly many people are judging your art based on only the subject matter. Some may not understand how a career in your field works. They may not understand that you don't have to be a commissioned photographer to create your art. My guess is they have only looked at your concert photos and have not even looked at some of your other work (I like the bridges and the dead dandelion).

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if they are looking at something through eyes that are green with envy, then in my opinion you win. Screw them.

Oops, sorry this got so long!

-CassLynn

Anonymous said...

you'll always be my lil panda to me. The 'Original' Jodie Platz :) i miss u more than you know

xxxx