Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A New Take On Double Standards: Pain

Is it fair for a man to be in pain, but not a woman? Fair for a man to hold in his secret feelings, but not a woman? Fair for a man to drown his pain in alcohol and pills but not a woman?

I guess it's just me being naïve again, thinking life is fair.

I can and have every right to be aggravated, moody, distracted, withdrawn... Just so much as anyone else does. Believe me, I am TRYING to be strong, to hold up my world and focus towards the happy, but it's hard and it's even harder when I don't get any support when [they] get all the support in the world.

Just when I was ready for the light again, just when I was ready to TRY... I'm going to stick myself back in my shell again.

Fuck off.

2 comments:

kimcatus said...

I will always be here to pull you out of that shell...if I can't pull you out I will crawl in to take care of you; if my butt won't fit or if you're stuck too deeply I will send in provisions and let you know I always still love you!!! *GIGS*

Lorelei said...

No, no you can't hide away. I still need that advice and only YOU will know for sure.