Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jerad! @100MonkeysMusic

Here on your very own day I have a few things that I would like for you to hear/see.

First of all...

Happy Birthday, Jerad!!!!


Ahh, j.radness… We have shared so many memories that I hold close to me over the last 6 months, specifically.  Hopefully upon reviewing some of these memories in your mind, you smile.

Your smile is one of my favorite things about you; When people comment on my photos of you and say “He has an amazing smile!” I always say, “It’s the reason the polar ice caps are melting.”

You know, mister… you make my “job” pretty freaking easy (and really freaking fun…) – you are exceptionally photogenic and in the photos that I take of you I see so much happy.

You know that I love your kick-ass guitar solos, you know that I love your jokes & your high fives – but it’s not the high fives or the kick-ass guitar solos that drew me to you and made me name you my BFF. Sure, you exude awesome & have been nice to me since day one – but nice can only get you so far. (And the same goes for your charm and good looks.)

Your heart.

Along with the happy I see in my photos – I see your heart. Your giant love for playing and performing. Your immense love for the men who share the stage with you – there are some times when I have taken photos of you looking at the other boys with such love that I had to keep that photo just for myself. It felt like I had taken a private conversation between you and them and that’s something I could never share with others.

So, speaking of photos – here are my 5 favorite photos of you – of course, taken by me.






































































































Before I wrap this up there is one more thing that I wanted to say – it has bugged me immensely for the last 41 days that in Dallas I didn’t get to say goodbye to you. I’ve felt terrible about it and upon reflection I realized that I didn’t even get to speak with you the entire time I was in Texas!

(41. Now THIS is what we should call TOO LONG. 26 is looking like gold compared to 41.)

Happy birthday, Jerad… I’m sure most people are going to offer you birthday hugs today – you know what I’ll offer you: HIGH FIVE!

Jodie

PS – my dog misses you.




















...




...




...you knew I couldn't make it through this post without saying it -- I miss you. 

:)

1 comment:

Willow said...

Everything I expected it to be when you first mentioned his birthday-sentimental and sweet. Again-Happy Birthday Jerad!