Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Growing





There's a moment when the person you know starts becoming the person you knew, 
It doesn't matter anymore about where you came from or what you're going through, 
Life and status and bank accounts and accountability all don't matter, 
You were born from a silver spoon and I was raised on plastic platter, 
Your life and ribs and girlfriends and hair are all transparent, 
My scars and knees and loves and things are all of which can't exist, 
I'm proud of you for moving on, for picking up and moving out, 
I'm happy that I don't need to lean upon the green age of your heart, 
It's hard, I know, to trust another,
When we rest so easily to trust our own, 
It's needed though; to help to seed, to help to plant, to help to grow, 
It's good for you to stretch your legs, 
To get outside and flourish alone, 
With another, with yourself
Just remember you can always come home.

No comments: