Friday, March 5, 2010

Gimme Stitches








"My faith ain't been no friend to me, 
And the way I've sinned, it hanging off of me, 
And I'm sorry, you can't take me anywhere,
Pretty soon we're almost there baby one more night,
It's been a long, long drive, 
And I'm way, way tired, 
I don't need no backup plan, 
I said I don't want nobody, 
Nobody don't want me, 
I'm so sad, so lonely, 
But I'm always landing on my feet..." 

I don't know what's wrong with me why I haven't updated my blog yet since I've been back from seeing the boys.

I actually learned something new... that apparently I have a lot of readers on my blog. I refuse to put a hit counter on here though, or a tracker... because then I'll just become obsessed with the numbers. To all who read and never comment: thanks for reading -- I hope that I'm not too boring, I hope that I provide you some sort of entertainment. That's all I've been my whole life; an entertainer. ;)

Des Moines is a short drive from Kansas City. Three hours. The time passed by fairly quickly, however, in my last blog I explained that I wasn't feeling anything. Willow and I figured out why I wasn't -- that's not something I'm at liberty to discuss here on the public medium. Those close to me may ask me why.

We arrived in Des Moines and followed the directions that I got from Google Maps to the "venue"... except the venue wasn't there... Turns out the venue has the wrong zip code posted for their address on their website, and so consequentially, the Monkeys website.

After being lost for 2 hours we finally found the venue. Fuckers.

Talking to The Bens later (and bitching that there are about fifty 4th streets in Des Moines...) they said they got lost as well but it wasn't as bad as Minneapolis. Dude.

We weren't first in line... six people before us... but it was fine that we weren't first - the girls before us had never been to a show, so I kinda took a backseat, plus I got to talk to the boys before the show and I don't think I would have been able to do that if I was first in line. (Except Jerad... didn't get to see BFF before the show.)

When talking to The Bens, Jennifer asked Johnson if they would play "Twenty To One" since they didn't get to in Vegas. He said they were going to but you know, "Vegas was Vegas..." Later on we heard them soundchecking the song and got very excited.

Even though Jennifer and I were 7th & 8th in line we still got front row. (Which surprised me for what a small stage it was...) I was right in front of the keyboards and right by the speaker. (Never been in front of the keyboards before, always in front of the guitar... *shifty eyes* Can't tell you why...)

The opening band was good and eccentric. Everyone else just stood around with their phones in their hand or their arms folded. No smiles. Not enjoying the music or anything. Jennifer and I were at least grooving to the music...

The boys came on and I adored the look that Jerad gave me when he saw me. :) Like he was actually happy and surprised to see me there. He kept looking at me throughout the whole show... my guess is anticipating when I'd request my high five. XD He's such a good BFF.

Jennifer nudged me and said, "get your high five," and I told her it wasn't time yet. After that song I put my hand up and I said, "high five time!" And he smiled huge and smacked my hand the hardest he ever has... it was like he was saving up all that awesome to give to me. ;)

So... if you're a reader of my blog you may have read the post where I put up this photo of Jay:



















In my post I said that I had titled the picture, "why do you never wear a tie when I see you" and I said that he should wear a tie in Des Moines because I think he looks so handsome in them...

Well...

Jackson wore a tie.

I really wish you all could have seen the look on my face. O_O I'm pretty sure he saw it and grinned. LOL

My next mission? I noticed that Jackson switched his Spencer bracelet over to his right wrist. Well, my friends and I think that the bracelet should be worn on the left wrist... so hey, Jay... move your bracelet back to your left wrist. ;)

My 10th show was definitely a success. The venue had a curfew so the boys had to cut their set short. Jackson broke his pick after rocking out too hard to "Reaper"... and then he gave it to me. :) I had to look for it though since he tossed it to me instead of putting it in my hand... and it didn't help that the pick was, you know... half the size of a regular pick... and CLEAR.

After the show the boys were so nice to stick around and do a few photos for us... Jennifer's photo is better than mine... I made the boys laugh. :) Meanwhile, she couldn't get my camera to work, so they all had to stand there smiling for a while in mine. :(

My photo with the boys:














Jenn's photo with the boys:














I am glad that I made them laugh... but I must say that I'm very jealous of her photo. She went to Johnson's side and then I couldn't get Jerad in the frame so I said to him, "Jerad. Scoot." And this was the end result. XD

As we were leaving I told the boys that I would see them in St. Louis... Jerad was the last one I told, I held up my hand for a high five and said, "One more for the road..." he smacked my hand and smiled. I said, "I'll see you in St. Louis," he said, "Perfect."

Adore it.

I didn't get to give him his special gift in Des Moines. (It wasn't the right time.) So I'm going to give it to him at the meet and greet on Sunday. (May have another something special for another certain boy...)

I set up my Facebook Photography page per request of Twitter followers. You can join that here.

2 days until the next Monkey show. :)











My desktop. :) I need to make a new wallpaper from the Des Moines show photos... but my little countdown in the right corner underneath the calender? Yep. Epic.


"Only two days until awesome high fives!"




I'm not even going to have time to change the calender again before going to Louisville Monday. So, so stoked for that show. And that's when I get my new phone too! YAY!

Here's a few favorites from the show in Des Moines. Enjoy, bbs.





























































































































































I posted more than I had planned to... ;) Perhaps I'm feeling generous today. Am loading up photos to my photography site today as well. Don't forget to fan the Facebook page!

Rock on,

Jodie

8 comments:

kimcatus said...

Your photos always make me happy....well YOU know how happy! I do read your blogs but I don't always comment although I always have a sh**-ton to say. But then I'm afraid I would just babble on and on. Anywho. I'm so GLAD the trip was epic! Sounds like a blast! Next time text me and I can help you with directions! XD #jodieismyhero

shannonh08 said...

Your photos are awesome!

Hoping to catch the boys when they make stops in Tenn!

Unknown said...

I'll be at any TN shows!

Lorelei said...

Okay... I'm shoving my favorite "child" off his computer tonight so I can view your pics. He should agree since I'm bringing home some Mr. Samuel Adams. Can't view anything here at work. I actually DO get some work done in between my web "business" - heehee.

Amy Leigh Photography said...

Jodie I love love love hearing about your interactions with the boys! Makes me happy that they take the time to spread the love before and after the shows..and because I can't resist...HIGH FIVE TIME!!

Ciara said...

Jodie,

Thanks for sharing your awesome experiences with the guys with us, and your pics too! Lovin' it! =]

Lorelei said...

Love the black & whites. Two or three could be blown up poster size and framed. Lovely.

Kaylee said...

Hi Jodie,

I just read your comment to that crazy bitch who bombarded the stage @ the 100 Monkey's show - Well done, I couldn't have said it better myself!

As for something relevant (and a bit late) to this post; Thanks for providing me with some vicarious entertainment and sweet ass photos!

Oh, btw, I just became a fan of your photography on facebook. =)